From The Jolly Contrarian
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
In a Nutshell™ Clause Addendum 6:
Template:Nutshell GMSLA Addendum 6
2010 GMSLA full text of Clause Addendum 6:
Addendum 6. Pooled Principals: Rebalancing of Margin
- Addendum 6.1 Where the Agent acts on behalf of more than one Principal, the Parties may agree that, as regards all (but not some only) outstanding Agency Loans with those Principals, or with such of those Principals as they may agree (Pooled Principals, such Agency Loans being Pooled Loans), any Collateral Transfers are to be made on an aggregate net basis.
- 6.2 Paragraphs 6.3 to 6.5 below shall have effect for the purpose of ensuring that Posted Collateral is, so far as is practicable, transferred and held uniformly, as between the respective Pooled Principals, in respect of all Pooled Loans for the time being outstanding under the Agreement.
- 6.3 At or as soon as practicable after the Agent’s close of business on each Business Day on which Pooled Loans are outstanding (or at such other times as the Parties may from time to time agree) there shall be effected such Collateral Transfers as shall ensure that immediately thereafter:
- (a) in respect of all Pooled Principals which have a Net Loan Exposure to Borrower, the amount of Collateral then deliverable or Cash Collateral then payable by Borrower to each such Pooled Principal is equal to such proportion of the aggregate amount of Collateral then deliverable or Cash Collateral then payable, to all such Pooled Principals as corresponds to the proportion which the Net Loan Exposure of the relevant Pooled Principal bears to the aggregate of the Net Loan Exposures of all Pooled Principals to Borrower; and
- (b) in respect of all Pooled Principals to which Borrower has a Net Loan Exposure, the aggregate amount of Equivalent Collateral then deliverable or repayable by each such Pooled Principal to Borrower is equal to such proportion of the aggregate amount of Equivalent Collateral then deliverable or repayable by all such Pooled Principals as corresponds to the proportion which the Net Loan Exposure of Borrower to the relevant Pooled Principal bears to the aggregate of the Net Loan Exposures of Borrower to all Pooled Principals.
- 6.4 Collateral Transfers effected under paragraph 6.3 shall be effected (and if not so effected shall be deemed to have been so effected) by appropriations made by the Agent and shall be reflected by entries in accounting and other records maintained by the Agent. Accordingly, it shall not be necessary for payments of cash or deliveries of Securities to be made through any settlement system for the purpose of such Collateral Transfers. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Agent is hereby authorised and instructed by Borrower to do all such things on behalf of Borrower as may be necessary or expedient to effect and record the receipt on behalf of Borrower of cash and Securities from, and the delivery on behalf of Borrower of cash and Securities to, Pooled Principals in the course or for the purposes of any Collateral Transfer effected under that paragraph.
- 6.5 Promptly following the Collateral Transfers effected under paragraph 6.3 above, and as at the Agent’s close of business on any Business Day, the Agent shall prepare a statement showing in respect of each Pooled Principal the amount of Cash Collateral which has been paid, and the amount of non-Cash Collateral of each description which have been transferred, by or to that Pooled Principal immediately after those Collateral Transfers. If Borrower so requests, the Agent shall deliver to Borrower a copy of the statement so prepared in a format and to a timetable generally used in the market.