(Redirected from Crap jobs)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- it was one of the twin pillars of global economics: the greed side. The other side is fear.
- —Neil Innes, 2019
- Individual screwing up.
- Known unknowns: remote but foreseeable contingencies coming about: the chicken licken scenario.
- Unknown unknowns: black swans do not create fear. It is hard to blame an individual for not anticipating something that, Q.E.D., could not be anticipated.
- Emergent risks: (this is in some respects a special case of an unknown unknown): risks that only arise at a level of abstraction beyond that for which the individual is directly responsible or accountable.
- The fear of redundancy: This one, we think, might be the biggest fear of all.