2018 Global Master Securities Lending Agreement (Pledge Version)
A Jolly Contrarian owner’s manual™
Resources and navigation
Clause 20 in a Nutshell™
Use at your own risk, campers!
Full text of Clause 20
20.1 Any notice or other communication in respect of this Agreement may be given in any manner set forth below to the address or number or in accordance with the electronic messaging system details set out in paragraph 7 of the Schedule and will be deemed effective as indicated:
- 20.1(a) if in writing and delivered in person or by courier, on the date it is delivered;
- 20.1(b) if sent by facsimile transmission, on the date that transmission is received by a responsible employee of the recipient in legible form (it being agreed that the burden of proving receipt will be on the sender and will not be met by a transmission report generated by the sender's facsimile machine);
- 20.1(c) if sent by certified or registered mail (airmail, if overseas) or the Equivalent (return receipt requested), on the date that mail is delivered or its Delivery is attempted; or
- 20.1(d) if sent by electronic messaging system, on the date that electronic message is received,
- unless the date of that Delivery (or attempted Delivery) or the receipt, as applicable, is not a Business Day or that communication is delivered (or attempted) or received, as applicable, after 5 p.m. on a Business Day, in which case that communication shall be deemed given and effective on the first following day that is a Business Day.
Either Party may by notice to the other change the address or facsimile
number or electronic messaging system
details at which notices or other communications are to be given to it.
Related agreements and comparisons
Content and comparisons
Template:M comp disc Pledge GMSLA 20
Template:M summ Pledge GMSLA 20
Template:M gen Pledge GMSLA 20
Template:M sa Pledge GMSLA 20